Pas de la Casa is located in Andorra in the parish of Encamp and at 2,050 meters above sea level, it is the highest town in Andorra. In 2018, its population was counted at 1,950 inhabitants.
We are in the area known as the Solana d’Andorra and at the foot of the slopes with the ski lifts of the Grandvalira ski resort a few meters from the apartments and hotels.
The etymology of the Pas de la Casa comes from a shepherd’s hut that existed at the beginning of the twentieth century. It was originally known as Pas del Bac or Bac de la Casa.
At the beginning of the twentieth century there was only one hut in this place, the Cabana del Vaquer, located near the ford where the river Arieja crossed. This hut was used in the summer by shepherds who came mostly from the Cerdanya and the Alta Arieja. Over time, other huts and shelters were built until the first house was built in 1948.
In 1957 the installation of the ski slopes was completed and, this fact, together with the arrangement of the road that connected it with Spain and France, catapulted the real estate sector of our town.